Prevention / Intervention / Solutions
- Involve everyone. Bullying prevention is everyone’s job. Effective programs take a whole school approach encompassing students, parents and all staff. Research indicates that a collaborative approach has a greater success rate.
- Provide workshops and information sessions for kids, parents and educators.
- Develop written, thorough anti bullying policies and procedures that include, definitions of bullying, expectations, consequences and reporting – including threats, confidentiality, investigating and timelines. Distribute copies to every family and all staff so that everyone is on the same page!J No pun intended.
- Build a culture of caring. Research shows that the best hope we have for reducing bullying is to change the school culture by boosting empathy and compassion.
- Mobilize the bystanders who witness the bullying. Studies at the University of Toronto show that students who step in within the first ten seconds can effectively stop bullying.
- Invite experts in School Bullying/Youth Violence to help your school develop the tools and launch your program.
Let us know how we can assist you. firstname.lastname@example.org