Managing a bullying situation
Children rarely tell their parents that they are being bullied. Pay attention to the following signs and changes in behavior:
- Continually finds excuses to stay home from school.
- Returns home from school with cuts, scrapes and bruises.
- Arrives home from school with damaged, torn or missing belongings.
- Spends a lot of time alone and doesn’t socialize with others.
- Experiences mood swings and a change in personality, such as fearfulness and unusual anxiety.
- Seems afraid to go to school or ride the bus and feigns illness.
- Has trouble sleeping and suffers nightmares.
- Loses interest in school and suddenly his/her grades drop.
- Sudden loss of appetite.
- Neglects his/her appearance.
Parents: Check out our free Parent Card
Of Further Interest: Take a look at this article that helps parents whose child is the bully. click here